Re: Transfer Rumours

Lee Hughes is released by Oldham too.

Delph looks to be going as predicted above, his actions after the final whistle were akin to a goodbye imho.

He's been missing since christmas anyway

To stand aside is to take sides.

First of the laughable teams to be associated with Beckford: Coventry

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

Smutty Lips wrote:

Delph looks to be going as predicted above, his actions after the final whistle were akin to a goodbye imho.

why, what did he do?

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Beckford will def be on his way, now that his agent Rubery is seeking to sort out a deal for JB's future.  And Beckford reportedly wants to play at a higher level and seeing as he's only got one yr on his LU contract, his poxy agent has decided that the player deserves better pay etc.  Which in my untrusting mind means that Leeds won't be held to ransom for him and won't improve his salary 'well enough' for Rubery's liking and so, 'with a heavy heart' Beckford will submit a transfer request.

Hope I'm wrong, I'd prefer him to stay, but it's got to be on the manager's terms.
Coventry City lol:lol::lol: - a lot of people's favourites to be the next In Admin club a few weeks ago apparently.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Delph came over to the East Stand, banging his fist on the badge, took his boots off and shin pads and threw them into the crowd, in a similar way to that done by Kilkenny and the young Chelsea lad at Elland Road when they played their last games for Oldham. When written down it doesn't seem so significant, but when seeing him do it did have a hint of the goodbyes about it.

Smutty Lips wrote:

Delph came over to the East Stand, banging his fist on the badge, took his boots off and shin pads and threw them into the crowd, in a similar way to that done by Kilkenny and the young Chelsea lad at Elland Road when they played their last games for Oldham. When written down it doesn't seem so significant, but when seeing him do it did have a hint of the goodbyes about it.

Hhhmm. He's always a bit emotional when the team fail. After the dog fuckers game away he made a point of applauding all our end when we were well fucked off. Another away game defeat (can't remember which) he was first over, even before he'd even shook hands with their players.

Doesn't dilute what you said mind

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Bloke I work with, his Mrs works at Leeds. Latest news is we're trying to sign Andy Holdsworth from Huddersfield. Right back/midfield.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

In the papers today, Boro want Snodgrass

cska wrote:

In the papers today, Boro want Snodgrass

This is a real worry if true. I would hate to lose Snodgrass.

I dont want to tempt fate but I reckon we could price Boro out of buying Snoddy. We dont need to sell and they have bugger all in the bank so unless they mortgage the house and make a silly money bid I can see us holding on to him... but leeds being leeds dont quote me on that

More stuff from the papers. Local Reading rag.

Sam Sodje, who was on loan at Leeds, will be told he is also free to look for another club.

Can't train during the week, can't handle 2 games a week, but worth a gamble

cska wrote:

More stuff from the papers. Local Reading rag.

Sam Sodje, who was on loan at Leeds, will be told he is also free to look for another club.

Can't train during the week, can't handle 2 games a week, but worth a gamble

If they also said 'must have a gallon of ale each day' then I'd think it was Paul McGrath big_smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I don't care who they buy or sell, they are all expendable and can be replaced, as long as its done on Grayson's/Bates terms. The squad needs to look stronger starting next than it ended this season. So far so good in releasing Douglas. Lets see who they pick up next. Sodje was great, but then so was Lubo previously and look how quickly he went to shit.

The club have maybe 10 games next season to show that they can kick on from the great start Grayson has made. If we make a good start then its party time. If not then it could get very nasty and the crowds will melt away. I get the impression that Bates is well aware that it's now or never for him. He can't run at much of a profit at 9,000 crowds and it could easily get down to that unless they deliver.

So my guess is he'll stump up the cash. I'd rather keep Snodgrass, but if not then providing the replacement can do a job.

What is Graysons league record at Leeds by the way

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

16wins, 4 draws, 5 losses from 25 games. a winning percentage of 64.

Mokhtar Dahari Forever wrote:

16wins, 4 draws, 5 losses from 25 games. a winning percentage of 64.

With that League form that would be 95 / 96 points for the 46 games. Leicester were champions this season on that points tally.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

I'm bitterly disappointed with Beckford, the only person that I trust is Simon Grayson.

"What shirt am I wearing Bruv?"

I hope we can hold on to Sodje.

Bring in Richard Lambert from Swindon and get Grella blooded more often as a switch for either Becchio or Lambert.

#DoTheDai \o/

At this stage a lot of this is just posturing. Leeds are just showing they're happy to wack him on the list and get another striker in if his agent is going to fuck them around. If we got three or four million for beckford we could spend half of that and get either of those lads that did well who werent playing for leeds or leicester.

The quicker Leeds sort out who's in and out in the key positions the better for grayson next year.

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

denis harvish monkey wrote:

At this stage a lot of this is just posturing. Leeds are just showing they're happy to wack him on the list and get another striker in if his agent is going to fuck them around. If we got three or four million for beckford we could spend half of that and get either of those lads that did well who werent playing for leeds or leicester.

The quicker Leeds sort out who's in and out in the key positions the better for grayson next year.

I find myself fully agreeing with this Denis chap yet again smile

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

From vibes I get, many scouts have Becchio down as the man they'd recommend to their clubs.. Workrate being seen as fundamental in modern football.

Formica is a nice bit of wood

I think the tops we'd get offered for Beckford is a million, which is probably all i'd offer for him, championship clubs would be more inclined to pick up some young lad who's available from the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal - like the young lad who did well at Hull the other year, what would you do take  a chance on Beckford with his blatant short comings (temperament and first touch) at 2mill or a young lad at 650k?

Smutty Lips wrote:

I think the tops we'd get offered for Beckford is a million, which is probably all i'd offer for him, championship clubs would be more inclined to pick up some young lad who's available from the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal - like the young lad who did well at Hull the other year, what would you do take  a chance on Beckford with his blatant short comings (temperament and first touch) at 2mill or a young lad at 650k?

Fair point SL but maybe then you could say the loanee isn't exactly long term investment.

Don't get me wrong I'm annoyed at Beckford/his agent but not slightly surprised.  I would be interested to see how he fares at a higher club whilst naturally hoping he flops tongue but I've been hoping he would want to stay here and let the management make him in to a better player.  Like I say, it's a bit of a ballache if he leaves but it isn't hitting me like when Tony Currie or Duncan McKenzie left roll

Love Leeds, Hate Bates