Re: Transfer Rumours

Interesting point from OBL too, about Becchio - his second touch is very good.  He reminds me of John Hawley.

Bizarre, I know!

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

I think a key difference with Grayson is that he clearly knows decent players at this level - eg: the three defenders he bought in. We can't really complain if a championship club can offer Beckford another step up. I would argue that there aren't many that can match what Leeds have probably offered him. They're all struggling financially. If someone does offer him a better deal and he takes it, that's exactly the same tactic we will use when going to Bristol Rovers or somewhere to nick their best player. I think we should just sit back and see what happens rather than get wound up about the first blow from the club. The key phrase in the statement is the bit about offers being unacceptable. They are basically saying to the player and agent "WE decide when you leave, if no-one pays what we want you are playing for us next year."
It's a Catch 22 for Beckford, if Leeds don't accept an offer he has to play well to maintain interest. if he doesn't and he sulks and doesn't get firing them in people will just see he's got a dodgy attitude and lost his touch.

It's also worth pointing out how many assists have come from Snoddy compared to the year before. A striker is often only as good as the service he gets.

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

old codger wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

I think the tops we'd get offered for Beckford is a million, which is probably all i'd offer for him, championship clubs would be more inclined to pick up some young lad who's available from the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal - like the young lad who did well at Hull the other year, what would you do take  a chance on Beckford with his blatant short comings (temperament and first touch) at 2mill or a young lad at 650k?

Fair point SL but maybe then you could say the loanee isn't exactly long term investment.

Don't get me wrong I'm annoyed at Beckford/his agent but not slightly surprised.  I would be interested to see how he fares at a higher club whilst naturally hoping he flops tongue but I've been hoping he would want to stay here and let the management make him in to a better player.  Like I say, it's a bit of a ballache if he leaves but it isn't hitting me like when Tony Currie or Duncan McKenzie left roll

I meant sign a young lad rather than loan, they eventually become available.

Nothing hurt more than when cantona went.

Last edited by white dragon (Wed 27 May 2009 11:32 am)

To stand aside is to take sides.

Smutty Lips wrote:
old codger wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

I think the tops we'd get offered for Beckford is a million, which is probably all i'd offer for him, championship clubs would be more inclined to pick up some young lad who's available from the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal - like the young lad who did well at Hull the other year, what would you do take  a chance on Beckford with his blatant short comings (temperament and first touch) at 2mill or a young lad at 650k?

Fair point SL but maybe then you could say the loanee isn't exactly long term investment.

Don't get me wrong I'm annoyed at Beckford/his agent but not slightly surprised.  I would be interested to see how he fares at a higher club whilst naturally hoping he flops tongue but I've been hoping he would want to stay here and let the management make him in to a better player.  Like I say, it's a bit of a ballache if he leaves but it isn't hitting me like when Tony Currie or Duncan McKenzie left roll

I meant sign a young lad rather than loan, they eventually become available.

With you there then chief.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

white dragon wrote:

Twas Jordan and McQueen for me - that rubber stamped the end.

Smutty Lips wrote:
white dragon wrote:

For me, i think Kevin Blackwell's words summed them up. There was only me and Gary Kelly at the first training session of the season!

Smutty Lips wrote:
white dragon wrote:

Same here. Cantona going was more confirmation that Wilko had lost the plot - selling Batty was the bigger tragedy to me. I still remember McQueen's article in the green post - he'd been made captain and Don Waters was ghosting the weekly captains article - when he was going on about signing for life and building for the future. Next thing he's off. Total cunt. Hate him just as much now as then.

Sunderland have just released Yorke. Now he's scored about 7 goals in 70 games for Sunderland. And he's 37.

Just what we are looking for to replace Beckford.

Oh and Jordan is free again. They could get back together, she come to ER to support him and then the crowd could instigate a Mexican wave to highlight her two assetts

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Shit I thought you meant JOE Jordan, that would have been exciting, he's great up front...

She is one annoying bint, even her norks are boring now.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates

SIMON GRAYSON wants former Leeds United hero David Healy to replace transfer-listed striker Jermaine Beckford, the Yorkshire Post can reveal.

The Elland Road chief is resigned to losing last season's top scorer after the striker turned down a new three-year deal earlier this week.

Middlesbrough and Coventry City are likely to offer an escape route to the Championship for Beckford, who netted 34 goals for Leeds in their failed bid to win promotion.

Grayson is determined to bring in a top-class replacement if Beckford does depart and the Yorkshire Post understands Healy is at the top of his wanted list.

Other strikers that the United manager has cast his eye over include former Barnsley striker Michael Mifsud and Sheffield United's Billy Sharp but it is Northern Ireland's record goal-scorer who Grayson wants to spearhead next season's promotion assault.

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

We can do better than that surely. Hardly prolific.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

We can do better than that surely. Hardly prolific.

Maybe so Harvest but in this division he is the sort of player who might shine. Him upfront, Sodje in defence and some other experienced 'been there, seen it done it but still want to sweat blood' midfield player and we could have a backbone to the team.

Is there anybody up in Scotland (our saviour from the past) that might fit the bill.

"Well so could anyone"

When he arrived I thought he was class and an exciting player to watch. As time went on he seemed to lose heart. I realise this was probably due to being played on the wing. Nevertheless he sulked and lacked any verve. I associate him with relegation and the likes of Butler, Gregan, Derry, Sullivan. Leave that in the past and look to the future.

*We'll probably sign him and he'll get 30 goals. What the fuck do I know?

Harvest wrote:

When he arrived I thought he was class and an exciting player to watch. As time went on he seemed to lose heart. I realise this was probably due to being played on the wing. Nevertheless he sulked and lacked any verve. I associate him with relegation and the likes of Butler, Gregan, Derry, Sullivan. Leave that in the past and look to the future.

perhaps we need to change our shirt colours to green then he will score 30+

"Well so could anyone"

heyho wrote:
Harvest wrote:

perhaps we need to change our shirt colours to green then he will score 30+

He will definitely do better than Beckford at this level, and under grayson is better than under blackwell. I remembered well how healy was playing at the wings for Leeds united, when he was racking up all those goals as a striker for NIRE!

Latest shite from the rags.

Delph to Everton, £6m plus future add ons.

Beckford to the blunts, Cash plus Billy Sharp

At least with the Beckford deal we'll see a player coming in rather than the cash disappearing into some mysterious black hole of bates invention.

Last edited by cska (Sun 31 May 2009 2:14 pm)

cska wrote:

Beckham

yikes

Loose Lips wrote:
cska wrote:

Beckham

yikes

Thats what you get reading the transfer rumours and typing at the same time.
Who said men can't multi task.

My Palace mate says he's heard they're about to sign Bradley Johnson. He asked what he was like and I couldn't really describe him other than 'not that good really'.

Harvest wrote:

My Palace mate says he's heard they're about to sign Bradley Johnson. He asked what he was like and I couldn't really describe him other than 'not that good really'.

It's in the Mirror today along with Snodgrass to blunts.
We'll have no players to start next season.not thats worth a shit.Then we'll be blooding new players not start a decant run till about Nov. scrap in play offs and fuck it up.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Harvest wrote:

The most I remember about him is his two very disappointing appearances in our final games for the past 2 seasons. He scored a volley from a carole cross, not sure against which team, but I don't recall him scoring after that. Probably we don't play him the way he likes to be played?

Harvest wrote:

Well its better than me, I thought he was called Bradley Whatisname. I thought we'd signed him from none league as part of a job lot, I didn't realise he'd taken a drop down.

I'm sure Warnock knows players...

gorefidel wrote:

Same here. Cantona going was more confirmation that Wilko had lost the plot

Personally told by an ex chairman of Leeds. It wasn't his call. I forget the exact figure involved but I think it was a £1m signing on fee he demanded when he joined. We didn't have it, he got half I think and was promised the rest at the start of the new season, we didn't have it then either. He was going to stop playing and sue us. True? Dunno, but he had no reason to lie. His contribution was small in the title winning season, he made no crucial act apart from giving us a much needed impetus which kicked us on. People are clouded by what he did for them and think he was some sort of superstar for us, he just wasn't. I don't know why I love you my arse!

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Molasses wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Same here. Cantona going was more confirmation that Wilko had lost the plot

Personally told by an ex chairman of Leeds. It wasn't his call. I forget the exact figure involved but I think it was a £1m signing on fee he demanded when he joined. We didn't have it, he got half I think and was promised the rest at the start of the new season, we didn't have it then either. He was going to stop playing and sue us. True? Dunno, but he had no reason to lie. His contribution was small in the title winning season, he made no crucial act apart from giving us a much needed impetus which kicked us on. People are clouded by what he did for them and think he was some sort of superstar for us, he just wasn't. I don't know why I love you my arse!

Not gonna defend Cantona but I'd disagree with that statement Mol, about him making no crucial act - what does 'much needed' mean if it isn't 'crucial'?  Honestly, I know he was overrated when he was here but I'd hazard a controversial statement maybe - we wouldn't have won the league without him.

Love Leeds, Hate Bates